Read Bahasa Malaysia version
In a liberalised environment, consumers have the power to make informed decisions on their personal motor insurance needs. Motorists will have to start taking an active interest to source for fair premium pricing based on their risk profiles. Do not always go for the cheapest because it might not have the best insurance coverage. Find the company or policy that best suits your needs and budget.
Many avenues will exist for the consumer:
- Consult agents of various insurance and takaful companies and see what products are offered.
- Visit as many insurance company/takaful websites and look for what is offered for motor insurance online.
- Walk into any insurance/takaful company/branch and enquire on motor insurance offered. Speak to the customer service personnel and compare the different products offered.
- Read the fine print in motor insurance policies and ask relevant questions that would ensure you understand what you want.
- Check specialised online insurance channels which offer motor insurance products from different companies and make comparisons for price, service, product add-ons and accident claims recovery.